AGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
See: Arizona Department of Agriculture
Authority – Transferred
Established in 1909 by the 25th legislative assembly of the Territory of Arizona as the Arizona Horticultural Commission, Chapter 30. Duties were assumed by the Arizona Department of Agriculture (Laws 1989, Chapter 162, effective 1991).
Protected the agricultural and horticultural interests of the Territory of Arizona by operating inspection stations, collecting nursery certifications and inspection fees, and prohibiting entrance into Arizona of any materials likely to contain or harbor pests or weeds.
Name changed from Arizona Horticultural Commission in 1912. The Office of the State Entomologist worked through this commission. Commission terminated in 1991, replaced by the Arizona Department of Agriculture. (See Laws 1989, Chapter 162; A.R.S. § 3-101 et seq.; and Arizona Department of Agriculture, this document)