- Leadership Institute – professional development training for library staff with a minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible library experience.
- Library Support Staff Certification – certification opportunity for library support staff who do not have a degree in library science and would like recognition for participation in professional development.
- Scholarships – scholarship information for full-time employees in Arizona seeking aid to attend continuing education events.
- Summer Library Institute – professional development training for public library staff who do not have a Master's degree in Library Science and who work in predominantly rural areas of the state.
- University of Arizona School of Information Resources and Library Science (SIRLS) – undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs in library science, digital information, and related subjects.
The Arizona State Library has an Academy of webinars and tutorials on a variety of library topics for Arizona library staff. Click here to access the site.
Access to WebJunction’s self-paced online library courses is now available and free to all library staff members. Simply create an account at http://learn.webjunction.org and then explore the catalog of library-focused courses and archived webinars. Certificates of completion will be available to you for any of the courses or archived webinars you complete from the catalog.
Infopeople offers a variety of webinars and self-paced online courses on topics of high interest for library staff. Webinars are free, and the Arizona State Library has purchased a block of registrations for the online courses. Arizona library staff may register for courses by sending an email to Melissa Kummen, containing:
- The course name and dates
- Registrant’s name
- Registrant’s email
- Library name
- Library address
- Library phone number
Upcoming courses and webinars are available at https://infopeople.org.
Arizona State Library has a subscription to PCI Webinars giving Arizona library staff access to one live webinar a week and access to the webinar archives through Niche Academy. PCI Webinars offers webinars specifically for library staff. To register for an upcoming webinar, please visit the events calendar. If you have any questions about these webinars or access to the Niche Academy site, email Melissa Kummen.