If you have experience providing excellent customer service, inspiring teams with strong leadership, and contributing to the success of your community, then overseeing our White Tank Library as the Branch Manager may be the position for you!
As our Large Branch Manager, you will collaborate with staff, other branch managers, and community organizations to enrich lives by offering innovative programs and services and establishing meaningful partnerships.
Consider joining us to become the leader of a dynamic group of staff, dedicated to serving the greater White Tank community! Apply today!
Do you want to champion the freedom to read and access information?
At the Maricopa County Library District, we are continuously working to support the changing needs of our diverse and connected community for all of Maricopa County. Our mission is to provide access to technology, digital services, and information to improve our residents' quality of life.
Choose a job with a purpose. Choose the Maricopa County Library District.
Proud to Offer
- Work with a greater purpose
- Opportunities for growth and development within Maricopa County
- Exceptional work-life balance
- Low-cost, high-value healthcare for you and your qualifying dependents
- Enrollment in the Arizona State Retirement System
- Paid vacation, sick time, and parental leave
- Extensive wellness program, including healthcare premium discounts
- Employee discounts for goods and services
- Learn more at maricopa.gov/5284/Why-Work-Here
- Four years of professional library experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Master's degree in Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school
We Also Value
- Public library experience
- Supervise operations of the library branch and provide exceptional customer service
- Develop performance plans, monitor performance, evaluate, and counsel staff
- Create staff schedule, monitor branch budget, and manage supplies
- Identify needs and provide recommendations for improving branch operations
- Implement, monitor, and report results of strategic initiatives
- Maintain a vibrant and attractive collection, understand all products and material types, and promote use by customers
- Plan and conduct programs for the public
- Library environment working in and outdoors with exposure to heat, cold, wet, humid, dry, and arid conditions
- May require working outside of normal working hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel to and from job-related locations using a County or private vehicle
- Ability to carry 10 pounds a distance of 50 feet, push/pull 50 pounds a distance of 100 feet, lift 15 pounds from floor to waist, lift 10 pounds waist to shoulder, and lift 5 pounds shoulder to overhead
- Arizona driver's license upon hire
- Only the most qualified candidates will be considered
- Consideration will only be given to candidates who submit online applications
- Candidates will be contacted primarily through email and their Workday online application profile
- Must pass a pre-employment background and/or fingerprint investigation as required by statute or policy, including drug and alcohol testing requirements for positions designated as safety-sensitive
- Maricopa County is an equal opportunity employer.