This position will oversee Collection Maintenance for the Tempe Public Library under the direction of the Library Manager of Infrastructure.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Selecting, purchasing, and recommending items for the library collection.
- Providing direct public service at desks or via phone or email.
- Monitoring material budget allocations
- Working with vendors on ordering, implementing, or evaluating products
- Developing or updating selection and de-selection guidelines
- Maintaining the existing library collection
Some library experience is preferred.
Requires two (2) years of library experience, which may include specialty areas as required.
Candidates must have the minimum amount of work experience. Years of experience are based upon a full-time work schedule (2,080 hours per year). The sum of an applicant’s full-time and/or part-time qualifying work experience must meet or exceed the stated minimum qualification. Education will not substitute for the required work experience; however, related unpaid and/or volunteer work experience may be used as qualifying work experience.
Requires a Master of Library Science degree from an American Library Association accredited college or university.