ASU Library seeks an enthusiastic early career professional to join our Acquisitions and Accounting team in providing essential services to connect our researchers and learners with the collections resources they need to succeed. Reporting to the senior Acquisitions Librarian and Team Lead, Acquisitions and Accounting, this position coordinates and maintains core acquisitions functions, including: bibliographic searching, ordering, receiving, invoice processing, and canceling and claiming of collection materials in all formats. The Acquisitions Librarian also monitors budget lines, creates reports, analyzes statistical data regarding acquisitions operations, and serves as an acquisitions liaison to a variety of Library personnel, other ASU departments, and vendors as assigned. This librarian contributes to team governance and general management activities, and will be supported in developing enhanced professional knowledge and skills relevant to acquisitions librarianship. The Acquisitions Librarian fulfills the responsibilities expected of Academic Professionals on Continuing Appointment track, including accomplishments concerning position effectiveness, professional contributions, and service.
A center of energy, imagination and innovation, the ASU Library is home to eight library facilities across four ASU campus locations – providing students and faculty access to millions of information resources, world-class collections, outstanding study spaces, advanced data centers and a suite of makerspaces. Serving as a critical gateway to ASU’s research and knowledge enterprise, the ASU Library works to collaborate, educate and innovate across disciplines, communities and technologies, while leveraging key research, learning and engagement opportunities that are unique to ASU. A strong supporter of student success and a critical partner in realizing the New American University mission of access, excellence and impact, the ASU Library is a space of potentiality, out of which many futures can be built and of which none are excluded. More information about the library can be found at lib.asu.edu.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an American Library Association accredited program
- A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to social justice, diversity, equity and/or inclusion will advance ASU Library’s commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Professional or paraprofessional acquisitions experience in a library
- Experience with project management
- Experience with automated acquisitions, library services platforms and/or integrated library systems
- Experience ordering materials using online sources
- Familiarity with current literature on publishing trends, including electronic resources and out-of-print markets.
- Demonstrated problem solving and/or analytical skills
- Supervisory and/or training experience
- Working knowledge of one or more languages other than English