Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform circulation desk procedures
- Provide excellent customer service through patron assistance and interaction (in person and virtually)
- Assist students in using the online room reservation system and enforce study room policies and procedures
- Maintain the physicality of the library proper including the troubleshooting of computers, printers, copiers, and scanners
- Shelf read, straighten shelves, and maintain the cleanliness of student study spaces, including but not limited to wiping whiteboards and computer monitors
- Maintain reserve collection by tracking course syllabi, recommending additions and deletions, and providing aids for desk staff and students
- Assist Access Services Manager with the development of workflow and procedures
- Sustain a flexible work schedule, which may include occasionally covering additional shifts as necessary
- Participate in special projects and complete other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner and must have regular, predictable in-person attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
The individual must have a Bachelor’s degree or Library Technical Assistant Certification with 1 year of related experience or an Associate’s degree with 2-3 years of related library experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of related experience is desired. Experience working in a team and customer service-oriented environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Intermediate skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Intermediate skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.