Friday, September 30, 2022
Friday, October 28, 2022
Arizona Secretary of State - Library Development
Please refer to their website for accuracy and up-to-date details.
The Administrative Assistant for Library Development provides administrative support to the Library Development Administrator and Library Development staff.
Specific functions performed for the Library Development Administrator and Library Development staff include:
- Manage all aspects of employee travel in accordance with state policy;
- Maintain supplies, and ordering when necessary;
- Create and manage purchase orders as requested;
- Assure maintenance and upkeep of office equipment including printers and copiers;
- Mail and ship materials as required;
- Keep and track statistical information; Manage Library Development physical and online files, following retention schedules;
- Support the LSTA and SGIA grant programs by assisting with budgets, grant paperwork and files;
- Serve as administrative support for meeting organization, preparation and facilitation including contacting participants, setting agendas and taking minutes;
- Assist with special events by arranging for facilities, catering, and registration;
- Serve as liaison with the Library and Archives Administrative Cluster and update Library Development team as needed; and
- Work with Arizona Department of Administration Agency Partner Support Services such as Facilities and Surplus to report maintenance, telephone or technology issues, and to support acquisition and disposition.
This position is a full-time position of 40 hours per week, reporting to the Library Development Administrator. It requires a valid Arizona Driver's License and ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Manage travel, order supplies, create and manage purchase orders, mail and ship materials, support the LSTA and SGIA grant programs, keep and track statistical information, track and maintain equipment, manage physical and online files, and monitor and assure compliance with retention schedules. Assist with phone, email, and mail communications.
- Assistance with projects, special events and meetings:
- Serve as administrative support for meeting organization, preparation and facilitation. Assist with special events by arranging for facilities, catering, and registration.
- Liaison with other administrative assistants in Library and Archives and with Arizona Department of Administration Agency Partner Support Services such as Facilities, Surplus and Fleet:
- Report maintenance, telephone or technology issues and support acquisition and disposition. Update Library Development team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Microsoft Suite products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional writing and oral communications
- Excellent customer service
- Verbal and written communications.
- Identification of effective solutions to problems.
- Time management.
- Efficiency and organization.
- Lift 30 pounds.
Valid Arizona Driver's License