- Performs high level office support duties and provides specialized program support for the Prescott Public Library
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming calls; gathers essential information and provides general assistance to callers/visitor; takes complaints; answers basic questions; and refers to others for resolution.
- Greets and directs visitors.
- Conducts research; prepares statistical reports and spreadsheets
- Processes billings and related activities depending on department assignment.
- Processes invoices, PCards, and credit card transactions.
- Provides purchasing and payroll support.
- Organizes record retention schedules.
- Serves as primary contact for scheduling purposes; schedules appointments and maintains calendars; and schedules conference rooms.
- Acts as the liaison for the Department as assigned.
- Types drafts; proofreads edited copy; prepares various final documents including letters, reports, forms, work orders, service orders, requests for bids, requisitions, invoices and training materials; and copies and collates materials for distribution and/or storage.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail.
- Assists with budget monitoring.
- Serves as the Department purchasing agent; submits account transfers; refunds deposits; orders supplies and equipment; and maintains inventory.
- Arranges for the repair and servicing of office equipment.
- Maintains various paper files; retrieves records, logs and files paper documents; assists with Public Record Requests; retrieves, revises, prints, and saves computer files; and prepares copies of documents as requested
- Collects, stores, and maintains departmental safety records.
- Maintains various computer files and databases; collects and tracks data.
- Requests, collects and maintains departmental training records
- Organizes paper and electronic files; manages record control, records retention schedules, and regulatory reports and records.
- Provides payroll support; tracks/updates employee information; reviews employee time for accuracy; and answers basic employee questions about paychecks and policies.
- Assists other employees with research needs or other tasks.
- Responsible for maintenance, coordination for other library staff and programming for Support Services of digital signage through TruDigital.
- Responsible for managing a complex meeting room schedule through software that requires patron application prior to requesting rooms.
- Provides patrons with a great deal of technical support and training.
- Responsible for daily collection and reconciliation of cash and credit payments, and weekly transmission to COP Finance Dept.
- Responsible for managing a corporate Zoom account for virtual meeting room users and associated training of these users.
- Responsible for maintaining increasingly complex and varied technology including Listen devices, projector/laptop, microphones, Zoom connectivity, and others available in meetings rooms. Training meeting room users to use equipment. Troubleshooting when problems arise.
- Responsible for explaining complex library policy about meeting rooms in sometimes sensitive situations with community members and for-profit groups and organizations.
- Shares responsibility with Support Services Manager for onboarding, training, and supervising new volunteers.
- Shares responsibility with Support Services Manager for managing homebound patron requests and volunteer assignments. This often involves collecting and handling sensitive information with the requisite diplomacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Three (3) years of full-time administrative work experience, including customer service in an office environment and proficiency in computer programs utilizing Windows computer applications; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
Licensing, Certification, and Other Requirements:
Possess a valid Arizona driver's license.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public relations/customer service principles, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software for word processing, databases, financial systems, and spreadsheet applications, including Microsoft Office products for Windows and Adobe PDF.
- Knowledge of modern office methods, practices, procedures, and proper phone etiquette.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of record keeping and filing.
- Knowledge of accounting and/or business practices and methods.
- Knowledge of the City's governmental organization, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of rules and regulations related to assigned functions.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in using a variety of computer software for assigned department, such as word processing, database, spreadsheet, and meeting applications, preferably Microsoft Office products for windows: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, and Lucity.
- Skill in using a variety of office equipment including computers, phones, 10-key and/or calculators, printers, copiers, scanners, etc.
- Skill in typing, word-processing; preparing and maintaining accurate records, reports, and files.
- Skill in organizing.
- Skill in communicating, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in applying math to assigned functions.
- Skill in utilizing public relations techniques in responding to inquiries and complaints.
- Skill in preparing presentation materials.
- Skill in handling and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute (wpm).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City residents, department heads, employees, elected officials, business and professional groups, and the general public.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to operate personal computers and operate two-way radios.
- Ability to respond to public/employee inquiries, complaints, and emergencies in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Ability to format and make computations and tabulations with speed and accuracy.
- Physical Demands And Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in a normal, but fast paced, City office environment.
- Safely operates a City vehicle and variety of standard office equipment including a computer terminal, telephone, two-way radio, 10-key calculator, copier, and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement.
- Clearly, concisely, and effectively communicates both in person and over the telephone.
- Possesses physical and visual abilities sufficient to effectively and safely perform required duties.
- Safely lifts 50 pounds without assistance; performs repetitive bending, twisting, and walking.
- Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities, and needs.
Successful candidate will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Drug screening
- Motor vehicle records check
- Criminal background screening