Description of Position
- Manages the daily operations of the Verde Valley Campus Library
- Supervises and reviews the performance of technical and clerical staff which includes hiring, training, the delegation of work assignments, employee evaluation, and discipline
- Supports collection development, physical and electronic resources, with guidance from the Manager of Technical Services & Technology to support the college’s district-wide Digital Commons environment
- As a member of the Library Instruction team, provides library instructions with the guidance of the Manager of Public Services & Instruction
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor budget expenditures
- Compiles and prepares statistical and supporting documentation for a variety of proposals and reports
- Participate in various department, campus, county, and statewide committees
- Develop and direct information and digital literacy education initiatives and curriculum for the college. Direct programming initiatives supporting information & digital literacy, student success, and personal enrichment for students, staff, faculty, and the community.
- Evaluate trends in learning resources, educational technology, information literacy, and digital literacy instruction, and remain current in all aspects of library and learning resources services. Remain current in all aspects of library and learning resources services appropriate to the community college environment through a review of professional literature, participation in local, state, and national activities.
Minimum Expectations & Requirements
- Masters of Library Science degree and appropriate progressively responsible professional-level work experience
- Recent library experience
- At least one year experience working in a Learning/Digital Commons environment
- Strong customer service as well as written/oral communication skills
- Current knowledge of issues and trends in information and library technology
- Demonstrated ability to provide library instruction and tours
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Education and experience beyond the minimum qualifications with recent leadership experience
- Experience working in a Digital Commons environment
- Recent experience in an academic library
- Community college library experience
- Library consortium experience
- Experience with online instruction
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.