We are excited to be hiring for an Administrative Specialist at GateWay Community College! Come and join our Library team! This position performs a diverse variety of secretarial, administrative support and library functions on behalf of the Library Department. The person hired for this role will play a key role in scheduling and assisting with department projects, meetings, events and communication. This position provides customer service to GateWay Community College Library users at the circulation desk, including assistance with the use of library resources, technology and equipment. The Administrative Specialist works with a diverse, multicultural community of students, faculty, staff, vendors and the general public.
30% - Prepares purchase requisitions for library materials; Reviews and verifies the accuracy and consistency of information, data, records, invoices and other assignment related transactions in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
30% - Prepares and maintains routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, documents, records and files according to work specific work direction, established standards and procedures; Runs reports and compiles statistics; Updates and maintains schedules, calendars and related meeting materials; Retrieves information and enters/updates information in reports, logs or other documentation/record-keeping system(s), including the posting and management of library debts across multiple online systems.
20% - Provides customer service and library support at the circulation desk, including assisting users with library services, resources, technology, rooms and equipment. May provide training, monitor or coordinate the activities of student assistants and volunteers. Actively monitors the library facility to ensure a suitable learning/study environment, reporting issues to facilities, IT and copy services as needed.
10% - Monitors supplies inventory, orders supplies, and/or processes and monitors supply requisitions; Contacts vendors for purchase and delivery information; Monitors requisition information and related expenses; Reviews and reconciles invoices; Monitors and tracks expenses and may assist with the development of budget related materials and proposals; Adheres to applicable policies and procedures.
10% - Assists in supporting our civic, social and cultural events, including library promotion, displays and social media postings; Schedules and assists with events, programs, meetings, and workshops. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and (1) one year of clerical, administrative office support or related experience.
High School Diploma / GED from a regionally accredited institution and (3) three year of clerical, administrative office support or related experience.
- A. Associate Degree or higher
- B. Clerical or administrative office support experience in an academic or library setting
- C. Recent Administrative Support Experience
- D. Experience in creating, formatting and editing documents; creating, formatting and editing spreadsheets; maintaining Sharepoint sites; working with online systems (i.e., Google Workspace, Microsoft Suite)
- E. Experience scheduling and assisting with special events, programs, and activities
- F. In-person customer service experience in an educational and/or public sector setting interacting with diverse users
- G. Experience with library processes and procedures, including working with an integrated library system
Special Working Conditions
- May be required to travel to other GateWay locations or the District Office
- May require some evenings and weekends
- May require prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen
- May be required to lift or carry up to 25 lbs
- MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas