Job ID#: 21-0331
Staff circulation desk
- Check books in/out
- Register new patrons/Update patron records
- Collect fines
- Answer phone
- Prepare mailing of PCM library materials as requested
- May process morning holds report as required
- May process incoming holds items as required
- May process daily patron reports as required
- May process interlibrary loan requests as required
- Shelve books, periodicals and audiovisual materials
- Shelf read collections as assigned
- Assists with special projects as required
General library duties
- Copy articles and other papers as needed
- Assist patrons with directional and simple reference questions
- Refill supplies (printer paper, pencils, staples, etc.)
- Straighten newspaper reading and computer areas
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
General routine work involving simple to moderate levels of difficulty: Examples of these types of tasks include data entry, word processing, and learning new computer systems such as CAMS or Dynamics in addition to simple tasks.
- Uses SirsiDynix, the YLN library database
- Uses EBSCOHost, OCLC, Google Scholar, and other library databases
Some knowledge of a special skill needed and/or experience of 1 year or less: This might include reception work with a high level of external contacts that requires previous phone experience, a tour guide that needs to have been a student for a year to have an understanding of the student experience, a cook in the café or an office assistant that has experience dealing with highly confidential information.
- Requires attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently once trained.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to learn new programs (SirsiDynix cataloging system, library databases)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work independently once trained
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Prioritizes and performs multiple tasks with attention to detail