Description of Position
- Receives new materials, reviews packing slips, matches invoices with items received, verifies materials ordered have been received, checks for damage, and otherwise processes materials to prepare them for circulation.
- Enters library materials order and invoice information into the integrated library system.
- Verifies the accuracy of YLN processing of materials.
- Requests receives, and tracks interlibrary loan materials.
- Enters statistics for technical services and marketing including but not limited to: interlibrary loans, gifts, the format of material added to the collection, and Instagram views.
- Assists in the maintenance of the collection including but not limited to: weeding the collection, updating labels, and shifting material.
- Provides support for marketing including but not limited to: supporting events, delivering material to YC centers, taking photos and/or creating images.
- Assists with the booksale.
- Performs limited service desk support
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- To ensure all submitted orders are reviewed, ordered, received, processed, and distributed in a timely manner.
- To maintain effective working relationships.
- To possess a working knowledge of computer technologies, library databases and integrated library software.
- To maintain accurate financial records.
- To communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Minimum Expectations & Requirements
- Associate's degree
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and a variety of Internet and software applications
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Two years working in library environment
- Experience with acquisitions in an ILS
- Experience with the Library of Congress Classification System
- Experience in a library consortia environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.