Administrative Assistant III
Monday, December 28, 2020
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
Arizona Secretary of State
Please refer to their website for accuracy and up-to-date details.
The Research Library Administrative Assistant has several primary functions: provide administrative support to the Research Library Administrator and Research Library staff; to assist with projects, special events and meetings; and to provide assistance in the Rosenbaum Reading Room.
- Managing all aspects of employee travel in accordance with state policy
- Maintaining supplies, and ordering when necessary; coordinating surplus efforts as needed
- Assuring maintenance and upkeep of office equipment including printers and copiers
- Creating and managing purchase orders as requested
- Supporting a grant program by managing budgets, grant paperwork and files
- Coordinating with facilities to report maintenance, telephone or technology issues
- Managing Research Library physical and online files; following retention schedules
- Volunteer and Intern Administration (Receiving and reviewing applications, set-up interviews, prepare paperwork and facilitate start/end dates. Maintain Volgistics accounts and collect statistics)
Special events and projects:
- Serving as administrative support for meeting organization, preparation and facilitation including contacting participants, setting agendas and taking minutes
- Assisting with special events by arranging for facilities, catering, and registration
- Assist with moving and shelving library materials
Reading Room support:
- Managing cash box
- Greeting patrons and guiding them through the registration process; assisting with photo copies, microfilm use; determining patron needs and contacting appropriate staff; and answering the main telephone, providing basic information and directing calls to appropriate staff
This is a full-time position consisting of a 40-hour work week. This position requires a background check and a fingerprint card on file. The position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Administrative Support:
- Manage travel, order supplies, create and manage purchase orders, track and maintain equipment, coordinate with facilities and IT for maintenance, technology or phone issues, managing physical and online files, monitor and assure compliance with retention schedules. Sort mail.
- Grant & Budget Tracking Support:
- Track and manage expenditures for grant projects. Work with staff to assure funds are expended appropriately and timely. Track patron, collection and usage statistics. Provide statistical reports.
- Reading Room and Collections Support:
- Follow procedures to check in patrons, answers phones and direct questions to appropriate staff. Manage cash register deposits. Provide collection support (for example, checking in subscription newspapers).
- Volunteer and Intern Administration:
- Receive and review applications, set-up interviews, prepare paperwork and facilitate start/end dates
- Maintain volgistics accounts and collect statistics.
- Assistance with projects, special events and meetings includes:
- Serve as administrative support for meeting organization, preparation and facilitation. Assisting with special events by arranging for facilities, catering, and registration.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Microsoft Suite products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Professional writing and oral communications
- Verbal and written communications.
- Identification of effective solutions to problems; discretion.
- Time management.
- Efficiency and organization.
- Lift 30 pounds.
Bachelor's Degree; familiarity with libraries
Valid AZ Driver's License