Under general supervision, to assist Librarian to review, select, develop, implement and maintain library materials, services and programs. Will work directly in assisting customer, organizing library resources, promoting literacy and providing essential customer services to customers.
- High School Diploma and one year experience in library work or public library environment.
- Two or more years of front-line customer service experience.
- Two years of proficient experience within the last 2 years, with Windows operating system, computer desktop, word processing, all-in-one-copy machines (print, copy, scan); mobile devices; smart phone; eReaders; and tablets.
- Upon recommendation for hire a criminal background and National FBI check is required to determine suitability for hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License (No DU l's or major traffic offenses within the past three years) and meet the Tohono O'odham Nation Tribal employer's insurance requirements to receive a driver's permit to operate program vehicles.
- Must submit a 39-month driving record with the employment application.
- Based on the department's needs, incumbents may be required to demonstrate fluency in both the Tohono O'odham Language and English as a condition of employment.
Preference in filling vacancies will be given to (1) enrolled members of the Tohono O'odham Nation,
(2) enrolled members of other nation's or tribes (3) other candidates. The Tohono O'odham Nation is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.