ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TIME SPENT
- Provides user support for hardware and software related problems, including network connectivity issues. 40%
- Recommends, orders, configures and installs new computer systems. 30%
- Tracks and responds to service tickets in help desk system. 30%
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position reviews, edits and provides recommendations on department level budget.
Initiates, communicates and reviews technology projects.
ORAL COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position trains colleagues and responds to public inquiries.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position creates or edits documents, internal memos, emails and proposals.
INTERACTIONS WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Interacts extensively with employees, customers, the general public, vendors, regulatory bodies, and other groups and/or individuals and
Institutions over the telephone, by email and/or in person.
INTERACTIONS SPECIFICALLY WITH CUSTOMERS
Consistently (More than 40% but less than 55% in a year)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field.
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Five (5) years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED/PREFERRED
Telecommunication technology, information technology, computer systems and computer networking.
Active listening, communicating diplomatically, customer service, problem recognition, problem solving, troubleshooting, installing / repairing and multi-tasking.
Solve problems sensibly and swiftly, solve problems using deductive reasoning, multi-task, react in a calm and timely manner and maintain calm demeanor in stressful situations.
- Routinely stands to attend to customers.
- Routinely sits to complete report.
- May be required to lift work related materials, equipment or tools up to 75 lbs.
- Regularly requires dexterity for keyboard operation.
- Incumbents in this position may be required to walk to and from work sites; routinely bend, crawl and kneel.
Incumbents in this position constantly spends time in office environment; occasionally spends time in computer server room(s).
SAFETY RISK EXPOSURE
Incumbents in this position may become exposed to telephone verbal abuse by customers or citizens and electrical hazards.
PROTECTIVE GEAR & SAFETY MANUALS
Incumbents in this position are required to constantly follow written safety procedures and manuals relevant to the division or department.
CONSEQUENCES OF ERROR
Potential errors can result in unfavorable public perceptions and legal ramifications.