This position occasionally assigns activities to other employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TIME SPENT
- Manages administrative aspects of the ILS including the management and implementing of new ILS related software, notifies libraries of upgrades and ensures staff are properly trained on advanced ILS functions; resolves technical issues related to the ILS staff client and public interface. 25%
- Maintains, assesses, and provides support and training for electronic library resources including digital books, databases, bibliographic utilities and library software programs for library staff and the public. 25%
- Maintains and updates the Library District’s website and social media accounts. Administers the Library District E-Rate process and coordinates the Library District Technology Plan. 25%
- Creates project level budgets for technology needs for Library District and submits to supervisor. Acts as liaison between County ITand all public library staff, and analyzes library technology needs within each community. 25%
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position reviews, edits and provides recommendations on department level budget preparation; reviews, edits and approves for submission project level budget.
Initiates, communicates, reviews, and approves project resources, declines project resources, presents results, approves and communicates reports on projects relating to electronic resources, the Integrated Library System, website and social media.
ORAL COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position trains colleagues, library staff and the public on elelctronic resources and responds to public inquiries.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position creates or edits documents, internal memos, emails, training materials, formal letters, proposals, grants, and reports.
INTERACTIONS WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Interacts extensively with employees, customers, the general public, vendors, regulatory bodies, and other groups and/or individuals and Institutions over the telephone, by email, and/or in person.
INTERACTIONS SPECIFICALLY WITH CUSTOMERS
Always (More than 85% in a year)
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent from an American Library Association accredited program.
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Two (2) years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Continued on page 2…..
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED/PREFERRED
Knowledge of the principles and practices related to electronic resources and electronic collections. Experience working in a library setting providing direct customer services. Experience providing user instruction or training.
Analytical thinking, problem solving, evaluating and analyzing current and new library systems and resources.
Generate fluent new and useful ideas, recognize problems, make sense of multiple data, consider options, risks, and benefits and deductive reasoning.
- Regularly sits to complete reports and to operate computers, to complete a program and attend to other duties.
- May be required to lift work related materials, equipment or tools of up to 50 lbs. in weight.
- Incumbents in this position may be required to routinely bend, stoop, crawl, kneel and twist.
Incumbents in this position routinely spends time in office environment and automobile; constantly spends time in library.
SAFETY RISK EXPOSURE
Incumbents in this position are generally not exposed to safety risk. Occasionally, may become exposed to electrical hazards.
PROTECTIVE GEAR & SAFETY MANUALS
Incumbents in this position are required to constantly follow written safety procedures and manuals relevant to the division or department.
CONSEQUENCES OF ERROR
Potential errors can result in unfavorable public perceptions and legal ramifications.