The City of Chandler, Arizona, is seeking qualified creative professionals to fill a full time Librarian position. The work schedule for this position will vary and could include a combination of days, evenings and weekends. This position will be located at the Chandler Downtown Library Branch, which is located in downtown Chandler.
The Chandler Public Library system strives to assist all citizens in obtaining information to meet their diverse personal, educational and professional needs. Library users have the opportunity to meet and interact with others, or sit quietly and read in an approachable and inviting environment, with high-speed access to the digital world. Chandler libraries strive to serve as learning, educational and cultural centers for the community and promote the development of appreciation for reading and learning.
Chandler, Arizona, is located in the southeast portion of the Phoenix metropolitan area. Chandler is a progressive, cutting-edge City where entrepreneurial spirit and hometown traditions create a vibrant, diverse community with a population of 261,512. The City of Chandler provides a variety of recreational and cultural amenities such as The Chandler Center for the Arts, Vision Gallery, Chandler Museum, and 67 developed parks and aquatic facilities.
The Librarian – Maker Lab position will be responsible for (list not exhaustive):
- Programming for ages 13-17;
- Working with a diverse teen population;
- Managing a Maker Lab and Production Studio team, including programming, supervising volunteers, and equipment;
- Apply proficiency in use of computer software programs, Internet resources, and digital resources including e-books and databases;
- Budget oversight responsibilities including budget planning for department activities, researching, writing and recommending grants.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or related field; and
- Three (3) years paraprofessional library experience; including one (1) year of previous supervisory experience; and an
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.