The City of Chandler, Arizona, is seeking qualified creative professionals to fill a full time Librarian position. The work schedule for this position will vary and could include a combination of days, evenings and weekends. This position will be located at the Chandler Basha Library, which is located on the campus of Basha High School.
The Chandler Public Library system strives to assist all citizens in obtaining information to meet their diverse personal, educational and professional needs. Library users have the opportunity to meet and interact with others, or sit quietly and read in an approachable and inviting environment, with high-speed access to the digital world. Chandler libraries strive to serve as learning, educational and cultural centers for the community and promote the development of appreciation for reading and learning.
Chandler, Arizona, is located in the southeast portion of the Phoenix metropolitan area. Chandler is a progressive, cutting-edge City where entrepreneurial spirit and hometown traditions create a vibrant, diverse community with a population of 261,512. The City of Chandler provides a variety of recreational and cultural amenities such as The Chandler Center for the Arts, Vision Gallery, Chandler Museum, and 67 developed parks and aquatic facilities.
The Librarian is responsible for (list not exhaustive):
- Supervises and evaluates assigned staff and/or volunteers, addresses employee concerns and problems, mentors, counsels, disciplines and completes performance appraisals; conducts interviews and makes hiring recommendations;
- Provides patron reference and reader advisory services, performs on-line searches; answers questions in person, over the phone and through electronic formats;
- Educates library patrons individually and in groups in the use of electronic resources, including the library’s webpage, catalog, research databases, online downloadable resources, and e-books;
- Refers patrons to books or library resources to further their reading interests;
- Interprets and enforces library policies, procedures and regulations; resolves user complaints and problems.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science or related field; and
- Three (3) years paraprofessional library experience; including one (1) year of previous supervisory experience; and
- Arizona State Teaching Certificate and Arizona State School Library Media Specialist Endorsement; and
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
The salary range for this position is $54,589 - $74,239. The City of Chandler offers an excellent benefits package.
To be considered for this vacancy, please visit: www.chandleraz.gov and complete a City of Chandler online application by September 08, 2019.
The City of Chandler is an equal employment opportunity and reasonable accommodation employer.