The City of Chandler, Arizona, is seeking a creative and visionary servant leader committed to ensuring the Chandler Public Library continues to provide innovative library services for the community. The Library Manager will direct all services, programs and operations toward achieving the library’s mission, goals and strategic initiatives.
The Chandler Public Library system strives to assist all citizens in obtaining information to meet their diverse personal, educational and professional needs. With four locations, library users have the opportunity to meet and interact with others, or sit quietly and read in an approachable and inviting environment, with high-speed access to the digital world. Chandler Public Library provides a variety of resources, in a variety of formats, so library users of all ages can explore topics of personal interest and continue to learn throughout their lives. The libraries serve as learning, educational and cultural centers for the community and promote the development of appreciation for reading and learning.
Chandler, Arizona, is located in the southeast portion of the Phoenix metropolitan area. Chandler is a progressive, cutting-edge City where entrepreneurial spirit and hometown traditions create a vibrant, diverse community with a population of 261,512. Chandler has a mixture of diversified industries and quality retail establishments, along with a strong, high tech employment base, such as Intel and Microchip. Chandler also provides a variety of recreational and cultural amenities such as The Chandler Center for the Arts, Vision Gallery, Chandler Museum, and 67 developed parks and aquatic facilities.
The Library Manager is responsible for:
- Managing the planning, development, staff and budget for all aspects of the Library system;
- Supervising and evaluating assigned staff, addressing employee concerns and problems, counseling, discipline and completing performance appraisals;
- Conduct interviews and make hiring recommendations;
- Assist with the preparation of long-range plans and other strategic documents;
- Conduct research, prepare surveys, interpret results for use in planning, evaluation and decision-making;
- Continually monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery;
- Assess workloads, reporting relationships and opportunities for improvement within the programs, services and libraries managed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or related degree;
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in library management, including three (3) years’ experience at an administrative supervisory level;
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
To be considered for this vacancy, please visit: www.chandleraz.gov and complete a City of Chandler online application by September 01, 2019.
The City of Chandler is an equal employment opportunity and reasonable accommodation employer.