ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Integrated Library System (ILS) Administrator provides systems administration for the Library District with a focus on the development, implementation and administration of the Library District's integrated library system (ILS). This role includes supporting a variety of services including circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, reports, external interface functions and public access as well as facilitating upgrades, desktop client deployment, and server administration and maintenance.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field.
Combined Education and/or Experience Requirement:
IT experience may substitute for the education requirements on a year for year basis.
Must possess, or have the ability to obtain by the time of hire, an Arizona driver's license. In addition, must obtain and maintain a Maricopa County Vehicle Use Permit.
Our Preferred Candidate has:
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with enterprise library systems and with an automated information library system in a public library.
- Experience using and administering the Polaris Integrated Library System software.
- Experience working with relational database systems in the context of analyzing data and providing specialized reporting (specifically SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Simply Reports).
- Experience with library cataloging practices and library practices and procedures (collections and technical services, circulation, reference, understanding of MARC formats, AACR2, etc.).
Essential Job Tasks
- Configures and manages the efficient operation of the District's ILS (Polaris), including application performance, administration, maintenance and upgrades to meet library requirements.
- Collaborates with management to discuss, plan, and implement features and functionality as determined by library operations.
- Works directly with vendors for ongoing maintenance, development and support..
- Maintains interfaces between the library's integrated library system and 3rd-party products: self-service checkout, computer reservation systems, and web-based applications that require authentication from the customer database.
- Validates data integrity and backup systems to insure reliability of library system databases.
- Monitors performance of applications and plans for future system changes, enhancements, testing, upgrades, capacity, functionality, and features.
- Documents system maintenance requirements and procedures to handle system service loss.
- Acts as direct line of support for troubleshooting ILS issues.
- Oversees and troubleshoots server outages on the ILS servers.
- Creates custom reports as requested by library operations using Simply Reports.
Ability to work during non-business hours when needed and on weekends during system upgrades and/or troubleshoot issues during a system outage. Will be required to travel to various locations throughout Maricopa County including the data center.