A.T. Still Memorial Library at A.T. Still University is looking for an innovative, detail oriented, tech savvy candidate to join our team as Electronic Resources Librarian. The Electronic Resources Librarian will report to the University Library Director. The successful candidate is responsible for managing the life cycle of electronic resources, including databases, e-books, streaming video, serials, etc. The incumbent is responsible for statistics, troubleshooting, coordinating, and publicizing all eResources across two campuses in conjunction with librarians. He/she leads projects and improves user experience in discovery and use of our digital collections.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure continued access to subscribed electronic resources. Electronic resource access, including access to databases, journals, streaming video, and e-books, primarily through our discovery tool (EBSCO EDS), A-Z Journals list, link resolver, Open Athens authentication system, and a potential institutional repository.
- Responsibility for the lifecycle of the library's eResources: implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and customizing for the best user experience.
- Maintain and improve the design of Still OneSearch (Ebsco EDS), the anchor discovery tool of our discovery system.
- Lead support efforts and troubleshooting for any technical electronic access issues that arise in conjunction with library team.
- Support electronic resource orders and renewals for library acquisition using vendor systems, e-commerce sites and bibliographic databases, verifies accuracy of data, and monitors requests for duplicates.
- Oversee the tracking, management, and provision of electronic resource usage statistics. Manage conversion from COUNTER 4 to COUNTER 5 formats.
- Communicate with team members and other library personnel about electronic access issues.
- Manage projects related to this position.
- Builds strong relationships with library staff and vendors.
- Lead library's LibTech committee
- Serve as secretary for the University's ASIT committee.
- Performs additional duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
- An ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of discovery tools (preferably EDS), authentication tools (preferably OpenAthens), COUNTER and SUSHI, health sciences databases and admin functionality in said databases.
- Experience managing electronic resources and/or troubleshooting resource access.
- Detailed understanding of current models, practices, and tools used by academic libraries for the acquisition and management of e-resources.
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience with relevant information technology, such as library discovery tools (e.g. Ebsco EDS), open-url resolvers, and Microsoft Office including proficiency with Excel.
- Good problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of resource description principles and standards, especially MARC.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with resource management utilities (e.g. OCLC), and automated library software.
- Successful experience managing complex projects.
- 2-3 years of experience managing scholarly electronic resources lifecycle activities.
- Experience maintaining databases and information management systems in academic library settings.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of scholarly electronic resources in complex publishing
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in managing scholarly resources and e-resource management tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages
About A.T. Still University of the Health Sciences
Established in 1892 by A.T. Still, DO, the founder of osteopathy, A.T. Still University (ATSU) began as the nation’s first college of osteopathic medicine and has evolved into a leading university of health sciences comprised of two colleges and four schools on two campuses and online. Today, ATSU offers master’s degrees across allied health disciplines and doctorates in osteopathic medicine, dental medicine, athletic training, audiology, health administration, health education, health sciences, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
ATSU’s Arizona campus is located in Mesa, the state’s third largest city. This progressive city, adjacent to Phoenix, is a dynamic urban setting with a first-class business environment.
A.T. Still University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
To apply, please send your resume/CV to [email protected].