- Master's degree in library science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution.
- Three years of experience in professional library work, including one year of experience performing the full range of advanced, professional library work (or at the level of Librarian II).
- One year of experience in subject or technical field for which responsible.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Some positions require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a City vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- Working irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings are required.
- The City job description can be found here
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Three or more years of supervisory experience, including two years in a library setting.
- One year of experience working with the Library’s ILS, Polaris.
- Professional experience in a public library setting
- The ability to speak Spanish is desirable but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Job Code #30230, ID# 05/06/19
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.