This is a full-time, 12-month continuing status eligible Academic Professional position at the assistant rank. Candidates’ application materials should address how they meet minimum and preferred qualifications. Only complete applications will be considered.
Job Description: Northern Arizona University Cline Library seeks a creative, collaborative, and innovative Experiential Learning Librarian to provide overall leadership and vision for the library’s experiential learning spaces. The Experiential Learning Librarian will oversee, expand and promote the library’s efforts to provide outstanding immersive user experiences in these spaces, which currently include a MakerLab, a virtual reality studio, one button video recording studio, a photography studio and multimedia production studios.
This position will work closely with the library’s Teaching, Learning and Research Services unit and other stakeholders to design and deliver programming and learning experiences that support and enrich curricula and research. The person hired will report to the Head of User Services and Experiences. The successful candidate will supervise User Services and Experience library employees whose work focuses on experiential learning spaces, services and programs; serve as liaison to campus and community partners and actively seek and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities; and continue to research, propose and develop new experiential learning spaces.
- · ALA-accredited graduate degree from a library or information science program or equivalent graduate degree in a relevant field.
- · One year of experience working in an academic library or similar setting.
- · Demonstrated experience working in experiential learning spaces such as makerspaces, audio production studios, virtual reality labs and data visualization labs.
- · Experience designing, implementing and evaluating services in makerspaces, innovative experiential learning spaces or similar facilities.
- · Supervisory experience including performance oversight and evaluation.
- · Experience working with faculty to design, deliver and assess experiential learning activities in academic or research environments.
- · Strong knowledge of issues and technology trends related to maker and user technologies used in experiential learning spaces, and ability to use self-directed learning to stay current.
- · Ability to design, develop, implement and assess efficient, effective operations including workflows and processes.
- · Experience with library-specific tools including online resources, chat, library services platforms such as Ex Libris Alma/Primo, and/or scheduling tools.
- · Ability to design and deliver effective training and instruction to users of different ages, cultural backgrounds, and experience levels.
- · Experience developing, presenting and evaluating outreach activities that promote a program or service.
- · Experience providing research support in an academic library.
- · Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- · Experience providing outstanding customer service in a diverse and user-centered environment.
- · Evidence of a high level of productivity and flexibility when working independently or in teams.
- · Ability to manage multiple, conflicting, and shifting priorities while remaining positive and productive.
- · Ability to remain calm and respectful under pressure or during difficult interactions.
- · Ability to work effectively in and contribute positively to a collaborative and inclusive environment that values and leverages diverse perspectives.