The Election Services Division of the Office of the Arizona Secretary of State is seeking a dedicated employee to serve as an Elections Analyst. This position will assist in administering elections, provide customer service to voters and the regulated community, communicate with Arizona counties, and maintain compliance with state and federal election laws.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of Arizona election laws and Secretary of State responsibilities.
- Provide support and guidance to the regulated community and the general public in areas of Elections Division oversight, including ballot measures, petition circulators, lobbyists, campaign finance, financial disclosures, etc.
- Provide customer service to voters, election officials, and the general public regarding elections and voter registration.
- Assist management in maintaining all election-related information presented on Secretary of State website, while ensuring content quality and functionality. Provide timely and accurate updates to election-related pages.
- Develop and implement plan to ensure web content is in full compliance with state and federal laws, guidelines, and best practices.
- Work with internal Communications/IT staff and vendors to ensure compliance with laws regarding accessibility and language standards.
- Assist management in administering petition review process, to include working with vendors and third parties to prepare and execute review process for initiative, referendum, recall, and candidate petitions.
- Develop training materials and present information to stakeholders and interested parties regarding the initiative, referendum, and recall process.
- Act as subject matter expert on voting equipment. Work with management on equipment certification advisory committee, coordinate meetings and correspondence, track applications, and set testing schedules.
- Work with management on logic and accuracy testing with county partners. Prepare test decks and testing ballots, coordinate staffing and flights, schedule tests with counties, and act as Elections Division staff representative during testing.
- Act as subject matter expert in financial disclosure laws and regulations. Draft training materials and handbooks to assist filers in achieving compliance with disclosure requirements.
- Communicate with officeholders and proxies, judicial officers, and court administrators to provide accurate and concise filing information and instructions.
- Work with court administrators to track and inform new appointees of filing obligations.
- Track financial disclosure filings and initiate enforcement proceedings as necessary.
- As required, serve in a general capacity to accomplish Elections Division goals, ensure legal compliance, and meet deadlines.
- Provide support to upline managers by occasionally coordinating employee teams or working with specialized staff to complete projects.
- Assist fellow staff during periods of heavy filing volume, to include candidate filing, petition review, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Basic familiarity with and willingness to learn Arizona election laws and procedures
- Understanding of voter registration and voting process in Arizona
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft-based products, including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understanding or ability to learn basic web editing, including HTML and Drupal
- Deliver excellent customer service over diverse delivery mediums, including in-person, telephone, and electronic
- Strong team mentality with a devotion to both division and agency success
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills with an ability to cater to various audiences
- Team leadership experience is highly desirable but not required
- Ability to read, interpret, and research state and federal law
- Able to develop and execute goals, while effectively and efficiently utilizing all resources to meet deadlines
- Adaptable to highly dynamic situations and schedules
- Able to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn and implement new concepts and procedures
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Valid Arizona driver’s license
2+ years’ experience in government or professional office setting