Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assists patrons locating library materials; checks materials in and out; answers the phone; issues library cards; logs patrons on and off of the computers; provides information concerning library services, policies and procedures.
- Shelves all materials returned to the library.
- Keeps all shelves in neat and correct order.
- Scans all shelves and collections for proper order on a daily basis.
- Cleans tables of books and other library materials; returns items to appropriate shelves and sorting areas.
- Assists in generating routine letters or makes routine phone calls to patrons on overdue materials and holds.
- Prepares new materials for circulation; repairs materials to return to circulation; orders audio books.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements:
Education and Experience:
Six (6) months of customer service experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of library cataloging and classification.
- Skill in providing effective customer service with tact and courtesy.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
- Skill in following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
Must be available to work weekends and evenings. Work schedule is based on the needs of the department. Hours worked is 19.5 hours per week. There are two(2) vacancies for this position. This is a non-benefited position.
Physical Demands / Work Environment: Work is primarily performed in a Public Library.
Reports To: Librarian
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA Status: Non-exempt