The Town of Snowflake is currently seeking an innovative, dynamic individual committed to the values and mission of the Snowflake-Taylor Public Library to serve as Library Director. This is a management level position that reports to the Town Manager and is accountable for the daily operation of the Library. Performs a variety of administrative and supervisory work and complex clerical work in planning, organizing and implementing the programs and services of the library system.
- Degree in library science, liberal arts, public administration or a closely related field.
- 4 years of professional librarian experience
- Some experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Analytical abilities sufficient for evaluating daily use of the library and scheduling staff to best serve the public.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient for attracting and retaining volunteers and encouraging staff members in their pursuit of excellent customer service to the public and for effective leadership of staff.
- Master of Library Science from a school accredited by the American Library Association
Only qualified, selected candidates will be interviewed.
How to Apply:
Submit a town application to Cathie McDowell, Library Director, Snowflake-Taylor Public Library,
418 S. 4th W., Snowflake, AZ 85937; 928-536-7103, ext. 245.
Applications and a full job description are available at the Library. A full job description is here.
Paper applications can be picked up at the Library or Town Hall or you may download an application here.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. First review will be January 18, 2020
Closing date for application: Applications taken until position filled.
The Town of Snowflake is an EOE/ADA/AA Employer