Tuesday & Thursday, 10:30am-7pm
Summer Schedule (May - August): Monday - Thursday, 10 hour days
Summer and Intercession schedule varies
30% Prepares and maintains routine and non-routine correspondence, reports, documents, records and files according to work specific work direction, established standards and procedures; runs reports and compiles statistics; updates and maintains schedules, calendars and related meeting materials; retrieves information and enters/updates information in reports, logs or other documentation/record-keeping system(s), including the posting and management of library debts across multiple online systems
30% Provides customer service and library support at the circulation desk, including assisting users with library services, resources, technology, rooms and equipment; may provide training, monitor or coordinate the activities of student assistants and volunteers; actively monitors the library facility to ensure a suitable learning/study environment, reporting issues to facilities, IT and copy services as needed
10% Monitors supplies inventory, orders supplies, and or processes and monitors supply requisitions; contacts vendors for purchase and delivery information; monitors requisition information and related expenses; reviews and reconciles invoices; monitors and tracks expenses and may assist with the development of budget related materials and proposals; adheres to applicable policies and procedures
10% Assists in supporting our civic, social and cultural events, including library promotion, displays and social media postings; coordinates events, programs, meetings and workshops; performs special projects and other duties as assigned
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Two (2) or more years of current clerical or administrative office support experience in an educational setting, preferably in a library or similar public support service area
- One (1) or more years of experience creating, formatting and editing documents, databases and spreadsheets; maintaining Sharepoint sites; and updating web pages, such as LibGuides
- Experience coordinating special events, programs and activities
- Two (2) or more years in positions providing customer service and interacting with diverse users
- Experience with library processes and procedures, including working with an integrated library system
7. Effective written communication, as demonstrated in cover letter and resume for the position (See special notes, under “How to Apply”.
Special Working Conditions
May require prolonged sitting and viewing of a computer screen.
May be required to lift or carry up to 25 lbs.
Summer hours vary (10 hour days: Monday-Thursday)
Some local travel may be required to multi-sites, meetings, workshops, etc.
Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D driver's license is required; must meet minimum standards regarding driving:http://www.maricopa.edu/legal/rmi/vehicle.htm#requirements
How to Apply
Applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date