Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates primary activities in a major library unit.
- Participates in cross-functional, regularly recurring, complex assignments such as cataloging, reference, document delivery or vendor relations.
- Trains students and/or assists in training staff in assigned area.
- Participates in decision-making assignments on cross-functional teams.
- Initiates problem solving by facilitating group efforts at process improvement, coordinating and facilitating meetings, making formal and informal presentations and collecting data based on technical expertise.
- Collects, enters and reports data as assigned.
- Participates in selection and developmental review committees.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of library practices, procedures and resources.
- Knowledge of automated library information systems.
- Knowledge of basic data collection and information research methods.
- May require knowledge of a foreign language, depending on assignment.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and internet search engine software.
- Skill in using library reference techniques and resources.
- Skill in facilitating meetings and delivering presentations.
- Skill in the use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Must be available to work a non-traditional work schedule which includes evenings and weekends.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree AND two years related library experience; OR six years related library experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Experience providing front-line customer service to library users in person and via phone and email.
- Experience opening and closing library following established procedures.
- Ability to enforce library policies regarding food, noise, and behavior.
- Proficiency completing special projects such as shelf reading as assigned by librarians.
- Familiarity with maintaining inventories of library supplies and materials.