Administrative Assistant III (Job ID 36498)
1700 W. Washington St.
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Research Library Administrative Assistant has several primary functions: provide administrative
support to the Director of Research Library Administrator and Research Library staff; to assist with
projects, special events and meetings, and to provide backup assistance in the Rosenbaum Reading
Administrative support functions include:
• Managing all aspects of employee travel in accordance with state policy
• Maintaining supplies, and ordering when necessary; coordinating surplus efforts as needed
• Creating and managing purchase orders as requested
• Managing cash box
• Assuring maintenance and upkeep of office equipment including printers and copiers
• Working with facilities to report maintenance, telephone or technology issues
• Keeping and tracking statistical information
• Managing Research Library physical and online files; following retention schedules
• Assistance with projects, special events and meetings includes:
• Serving as administrative support for meeting organization, preparation and facilitation including contacting participants, setting agendas and
• Supporting a grant program by managing budgets, grant paperwork and files
• Assisting with special events by arranging for facilities, catering, and registration
• Assist with moving and shelving library materials
• Provide backup assistance in the Rosenbaum Reading Room including greeting patrons and guiding them through the registration process;
assisting with photo copies, microfilm use; determining patron needs and contacting appropriate staff; and answering the main telephone, providing
basic information and directing calls to appropriate staff
This is a full-time position consisting of a 40-hour work week. This position requires a background
check and a fingerprint card on file. The position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Suite products including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Knowledge in professional writing and oral communication.
• Interpersonal - Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively in one-on-one and group settings with officials, managers, and
representatives of the State.
• Analytical - Ability to appropriately develop tools and analyze compliance, formulate and identify effective solutions to problems. Conduct
research and extract, compile, analyze, and present information in support of contract compliance and benchmarking.
• Communication (Oral, written, and graphic) - Ability to write, speak clearly, and concisely in reports, etc. interview appropriate resources and
acquire data in support of Department objectives and deliver high-level written and verbal presentations.
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Able to be highly efficient and well organized
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
*Valid AZ Driver’s License required
• Some college required; prefer a bachelor's degree.
• Interest in state government and Arizona history
The State of Arizona will provide the following to you:
• A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term
• A top-ranked retirement program with 100% employer matched contribution
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Accrued vacation and sick days
• An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
• Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as: deferred compensation,
credit union membership, and a wellness program
• Rewarding work that impacts the people of Arizona
If driving is a requirement, possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s
license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to
driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any
required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.