Prescott College seeks an enthusiastic and creative faculty librarian to deliver instruction, reference, and research services to diverse students and faculty in-person and from a distance. This is a full-time, 12-month, faculty position that provides support to all academic programs. The successful candidate will have a passion for library services and the desire to provide quality services and instruction in the various on-campus and online learning environments provided by Prescott College. This position reports to the Director of Library Services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides general reference and instruction for undergrad and graduate students
- Teaches credit-bearing research methods courses either in person or online
- Stays current on relevant trends in instructional and reference services
- Explores new ways to reach out and promote information literacy and reference services
- Explores and develops opportunities to integrate library resources and services into courses
- Collaborates with librarians and staff on developing instructional materials, orientations, workshops, and classes
- Will work some evenings and weekends from time to time
- Contributes to web content
- Assists at circulation desk as needed
- Serves on various college and library consortia committees; participates in faculty governance
- Occasionally travels to regional hubs for on-site instruction and resource support
- Helps with selection of print and online library resources
Education and Experience
- Two years reference and instruction experience in an academic library
- Proven leadership and a desire to assume leadership roles
- Teaching experience; experience integrating information literacy and library research skills into curriculum
- Writing Center and/or editing experience
- Experience working with graduate students and supporting graduate-level research
- Experience with usability issues (technology, web design, etc…)
- Experience working with non-traditional students both in-person and at a distance
- Demonstrated commitment to serving diverse learners
- Experience with course management software
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and decision making skills
- Master’s from an ALA-accredited library school or other appropriate terminal degree
- Minimum of one year of library experience in an academic setting
- Experience in developing online library and instructional resources and research tools
- Familiarity with standard research databases
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Supports the philosophy and mission of the College
- Very strong computer and technological skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong dedication to customer servic
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.