Company The Boeing CompanyJob ID 1800002464Date posted 01/17/2018
Location MesaArizonaUnited States
The Information Services team helps employees across Boeing create, access, understand, harness, manage, and disseminate information. They optimize the latest developments in information management strategies to support Boeing innovation and competitiveness, delivering high quality, cost effective solutions on a global scale. The Strategic Business Support Focal partners with Information Services and Supplier Management to provide oversight and execution of contractual agreements.
The Strategic Business Support Focal collaborates with internal Information Services organizations to understand business needs and utilize internal governance practices/processes to ensure that requirements are met. The focal demonstrates comprehensive understanding of products, processes and tools utilized to fulfill job requirements.
Members of this team collaborate and ensure integration with the other Information Management lifecycle functions and with the company’s Enterprise Information system architecture.
• Collaborates with IS Suppliers to ensure high-quality execution and strategically leverage their capabilities and industry expertise to provide the best solutions.
• Contributes to Supplier Management Enterprise Supplier Performance Assessment process for IS services by measuring operational excellence against service level agreements.
• Contributes to development and assessment of RFI, Statement of Work and RFP activities from project initiation through contract award.
• Collaborates with Supplier Resource Engineering and Procurement Financial Analysis groups to assess the strength and viability of SOWs and assessment of RFP responses.
• Collaborates with Business Partners to manage supplier performance, ensure contract compliance, reduce service escapes, and leverage contracts across the Enterprise.
• Participates in the analysis of project requirements and collaborates with IS and Business Partners to identify sourcing delivery strategies and objectives.
• Analyzes Business Partner requirements and collaborates with the supplier towards delivering the right solution to maximize value.
• Partners with Supplier Management and Finance in the analysis of procurement elements, including supplier cost, delivery, and quality requirements.
• Participates with IS Suppliers to strategically leverage their capabilities and industry expertise to provide the best solutions in support of Boeing’s Long Range Business Plans.
• Provides recommendations in developing, refining, and adjusting operational business metrics as appropriate to align with strategic objectives.
• Provides ancillary support for IS service groups to meet strategic imperatives.
• Participates in the development of business partner requirements, researches and compiles options on service and price. Makes recommendation utilizing enterprise products, processes and tools.
• Coordinates and validates job submittal activities. Facilitates production and delivery of services and ensures that established processes are followed. Investigates and resolves routine issues.
• Collaborates with internal / external resources on software and hardware to support business partner requirements. Verifies application quality, functionality and integrity by testing and implementing new business processes and equipment.
• Collaborates in identifying objectives and strategies for process improvements, cost savings and deployment of new capture, conversion, and organization, management and distribution solutions.
• Defines emergent statement of work requirements. Updates business systems and tools with contract information. Monitors suppliers' performance to service level agreements. Performs root cause analysis and develops and monitors corrective actions. Processes and monitors supplier invoicing.
• Conducts audits to verify timely and accurate billing. Identifies and resolves billing issues.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
ENTERPRISE SERVICESRelocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.Qualifications
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years’ experience with a focus in Supply Chain, Business or other related studies, or a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' experience with a focus in Supply Chain, Business or other related studies.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
• 3+ years of experience working with Supplier Management, Supply Chain, and/or Procurement practices and processes
• Strong display of analytical, collaboration, communication and organization skills
• Proficient analytic and writing ability for Supply Chain / Supplier Management (i.e. write documentation or requirement)
• Experience in implementing process and/or strategy improvements
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• High energy and positive mindset with a “can do” attitude. Must be persistent, ambitious, curious, creative and assertive
• Cross-functional leadership capabilities; collaborative approach to problem solving & building lasting relationships
• Results-oriented mindset with a track record of focusing on high impact activities and driving strategic-initiatives through execution
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service focus
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award