Company The Boeing CompanyJob ID 1800002420Date posted 01/19/2018
Location MesaArizonaUnited States
The Information Services team works with customers across Boeing to make provide access to authoritative information when needed in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
As experts in information management and licensing of technical and business information, they ensure proper authentication, archival, management, curation, storage and distribution of data through the information lifecycle. Team members are also asked to consider data re-use potential, the authority of the sources the data comes from, and the restrictions on data governed by the terms of its use.
• Function as a Lead providing oversight and guidance to team mates on Collection Management processes.
• Identify, evaluate and recommend new and ongoing information to meet current and emerging commercial business needs and requirements.
• Maintain and update business policies related to developing and managing a collection of business and technical information in support of company needs and requirements.
• Coordinate evaluations of electronic resources and services.
• Collaborate with the business partner to understand requirements for electronic resources and information needs.
• Collaborate with Supplier Management and vendors in support of electronic subscriptions and contracts.
• Partner with Supplier Management, in support of selection, acquisition and retention of materials held in the enterprise collection.
• Acquire, process, store, retrieve, and disseminate information, and disposition per policy by performing various information related assignments.
• Share knowledge and contributes to the development of information management policies, products and services.
• Collaborate with the other Information Management professionals and job functions in support of the information lifecycle.
• Participate with Enterprise system architecture and applications function.
• Understand industry standard reporting and metrics gathering processes (ex, COUNTER)
• Incorporates data from a variety of sources (usage data, interlibrary loan, evidence-based selection (EBS), etc.) and provides relevant statistical data and metrics to support collection analysis and development decisions.
• Monitors and manages collection budgets and tracks collection usage; prepares and delivers related presentations and statistical reports.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
OFFICE OF INT GOVERNCE
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years experience in information and knowledge management principles, practices, industry applications/systems and collection development practices.
• 5+ years with Microsoft Office programs (ex. Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
• Experience with purchasing intellectual content.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
• Experience in and knowledge of Library/Information Science services.
• Understanding and comprehension of MARC (Machine Readable Cataloging), and have experience with integrated library systems (e.g., III’s Millennium).
• Experience with contract language associated with licensed intellectual content.
• Experience developing or authoring statements of work.
Contingent Upon Program Award