Phoenix Public Library serves a diverse multi-ethnic clientele of over 4.8 million people, with a central library and 16 branches. The library offers collections in multiple languages, a full range of cutting edge electronic resources and customer focused public services. PPL is a large system seeking motivated candidates to advance their career opportunities through a pathway designed for upward mobility. We offer a variety of development opportunities for supervisors through leadership and mentor programs. Join this innovative team today!
Librarians perform professional library work and are responsible for providing innovative and creative approaches to goal setting, planning, customer service, age level programming, information services, readers advisory and system wide committee work. Librarians II are hired for system wide positions and are required to move throughout the system based upon operational needs. Supervision is exercised over professional, paraprofessional, technical, and clerical level staff. Branch Library positions serve as Assistant Managers and Central Library positions serve as collection or program specialists. Phoenix Public Library is currently hiring for one vacancy at our Juniper Branch with an adult focus.
This recruitment may be used by the department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes March 12, 2018. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$46,758 - $69,950 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit:
- Master’s degree
- Two years of progressively responsible library experience including one year of professional library work (equivalent to Librarian I level).
- Two years of supervisory experience including supervising, training, evaluating and providing effective leadership to professional, paraprofessional, technical and clerical level staff.
- At least three years of customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability with mobile devices, eBooks, eMedia resources, and technology
- This position must be able to travel to branches using either their personal or City vehicles on City business.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Includes the job requirements listed above, plus:
- One year of experience analyzing collection performance.
- One year of experience working in a team environment
- One year of experience working across sections and/or department lines.
- Two years of experience creating and delivering adult programs and/or training to staff or customers in a library environment.
- Two years experience coordinating outreach with individuals and groups within the community to assess needs and develop cooperative services to meet those needs.
- Knowledge of how to utilize internet sites and/or other resources to track local and national trends related to their area of responsibility.
- Ability to act independently and prioritize tasks.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Librarian II, JC:30220, ID# 26005, 02/12/18, 6mths, CP, Benefits:7, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.