Salary - $42,564.00 - $48,416.50 Annually
Location - AZ 85132, AZ
Job Type - Full-Time
Department - Library
Job Number - 201700421
Closing - 9/22/2017 11:59 PM Arizona
Note: The primary function of this position is to classify and catalog library materials using OCLC, Polaris, MARC Report, ZMARC (authority control) and RDA Toolkit.
Perform professional reference, outreach, and technological library services to the citizens of Pinal County, identify and promote the use of emerging and existing technologies, collaborate with affiliate libraries to provide innovative library services, provide training and workshop opportunities for affiliate library staff in order to better serve the residents of Pinal County, update, maintain, and promote professional library collection, and promote the library programs and services offered to affiliate libraries and the community under limited supervision.
Performs original cataloging, assists in bibliographic database management including maintenance of authority files and holdings deletions in both library catalog and OCLC. Reviews processing by clerical staff. Serves on system bibliographic support committees, develops department procedure manuals. Compiles statistics regarding technical services activities. Recommends procedural and workflow changes to optimize material throughput.
Example of Duties
Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- May plan, coordinate, and review the work of assigned staff.
- Update, maintain, and promote professional collection, evaluate databases, assist affiliate libraries as needed with selecting materials for their library, and manage the McNaughton's book leasing program.
- Develop and manage special projects such as promoting book club books and professional collections to affiliate libraries, participate in planning and promoting other educational and community programs sponsored by the library, conduct community outreach, promote libraries within the community such as the annual Pinal County Fair and the Resource Round-up, and plan and present the annual Summer Reading Program to Youth and Arizona's First Things First.
- Consult with affiliate library staff on a variety of issues such as writing new policies and revising existing policies, assist with problems that arise within the library, and collaborate with affiliate libraries in collection development and resource needs.
- Serve as quarterly newsletter editor, create materials such as brochures, flyers, and posters for libraries as well as for a variety of events throughout the county, work with designers on projects such as our "Library and Museum" brochure and our "Public Library Director," and provide up-to-date information on topics such as influenza or scam alerts from the Arizona Attorney General's office.
- Develop, plan, and conduct training and workshops, provide training for library staff, and develop, coordinate, and host workshops and training for library staff and a variety of library patrons.
- Review, evaluate, write, and implement successful grants and continually review and search for additional grant opportunities that would benefit the Pinal County Library system.
- Provide customer service and reference service as needed, respond to reference questions for the public that come into the office, answer reference questions for affiliate library staff, and respond to requests for information from inmates.
- Provide technical support to affiliate libraries, generate reports for affiliate libraries, respond to system questions, assist with social media creation and implementation for affiliate libraries to provide to Pinal County residents, research, review, test, and evaluate the newest technologies, implement new web services, and maintain library district website.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Master's degree in Library Science.
- Three (3) years of professional librarian experience in a public library system.
- Valid Arizona State Driver's License.
- Knowledge of AACR2, USMARC, DDC and authority control.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of AACR2, USMARC, DDC and authority control.
- Knowledge of cataloging library materials using OCLC, Polaris, MARC Report, ZMARC (authority control) and RDA Toolkit.
- Knowledge of library principles, practices, methods and materials.
- Knowledge of library reference and collection resources.
- Knowledge of automated library information systems.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases.
- Skill in conducting collection research and assessments for collection development.
- Skill in developing and conducting training and workshops and/or in facilitating meetings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other affiliate library staff, management, outside agencies, community groups, and the general public.
The work is light and requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects. The work also requires the ability to finger, handle, reach, perform repetitive motion, hear, speak, operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Work is performed in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
92 W. Butte Ave
P.O. Box 2974
Florence, Arizona, 85132.